Human Dynamics Centre (HDC)
of the Faculty of Human Sciences
at the Julius-Maximilians-University Wuerzburg
as from 15/10/2014
The Human Dynamics Centre (HDC) is, as center of scientific collaboration, an institution of the Faculty of Human Sciences at the Julius-Maximilians-University Wuerzburg.
The HDC has the aim to explore fundamentals, manifestations, and the possibilities of shaping human transformationhat. Therefore, the HDC combines across institutes the interdisciplinary scientific resources of human scientific research available at the Faculty of Human Sciences and links them in a national as well as an international context. The HDC combines the classic research of human sciences with the current debates about the questions around the human being and supports interdisciplinary and international research as well as qualified young researchers.
(1) The HDC initiates, links, develops, and promotes activities at the the Faculty of Human Sciences across institutes. It
a) coordinates interdisciplinary research projects at the Faculty and supports (als financially) their organization and execution,
b) is the point of intersection for the internal coordination of research projects of academic chairs and institutes at the Faculty of Human Sciences, but also with external research institutions for human sciences,
c) cooperates in its tasks fields with the Dean's Office, the Dean of Studies as well as with thze complete range of institutes and chairs of the Faculty of Human Sciences of the University, and
d) connects with other trans- and interdisciplinary oriented and working research institutions.
(2) The HDC is based on the three pillars of „Development Program“, „Fellowship Program“ und „Graduate School“. In this framework in coordinates and supports the following basic meassures:
I: HDC-Research Scholarships
• Promotion of qualified young researchers
• Promotion of interdisciplinary research projects at the Faculty of Human Sciences
• relate to the respective current topic area of the HDC
• are awarded for a period of up to one year
II: HDC Field of Topics
• is discussed and designed in the HDC-forum and elaborated in a task group
• is decided by the management board and valid for a period of two years
• usually takes places once a year
• the topic of the conference should be oriented towards the current topic area
• the results of the conference are published
IV: Start-Up Financing (AsF)
• serves the facilitation and patronization of applicants with external funding sources
• The assessment takes place in accordance with the following criteria:
· originality of the research project,
· anticipated impact of the research project,
· visible potential of the application for external funding,
· preparatory work of the applicant,
· feasibility of the project,
· reasonable expense budgeting
• the project should be interdisciplinarily oriented and normally include two institutes of the faculty or show a clear interdisciplinary cooperation
VI: Graduate Schools
• the HDC works together with the University's Graduate Schools
• The Faculty of Human Sciences supports a structered PhD program via the HDC
• are recommended to the management board by at least two institutes by way of their chief executives
VII: Elite-Master's Program
(3) Each of these meassures serves to achieve the aims of the HDC.
Committees of the HDC are:
1. the HDC-Forum § 5
2. the management board § 6
(1) The HDC-Forum is an advisory council with the right to make proposals. Every employee of the Faculty of Human Sciences can participate.
(2) The HDC-Forum meets at least once a year at written invitation of the chairman of the managemnet board. The invitation is issued two weeks in advance, including the agenda. An extraordinary HDC-Forum is convoked on the decision of the management board.
(3) The HDC-Forum is chaired by the chairman of the management board and the chief executive.
(4) The HDC-Forum
a) can propose meassures of the HDC to the chairman, agreeable to §3.2,
b) comments on the reports on the meassures of the HDC agreeable to §3.2,
c) consults about questions of substance on the tasks meantioned in § 3, designes, especially, the topic area of the HDC (§3.2.II) and makes recommendations for the work of the management board or for task groups on meassures of the HDC.
(5) The management board decides on the deliberations of the HDC-Forum. The deliberations are to be written down in a protocol, which has to be signed by the chairman and the chief executive of the HDC.
(1) The Human Dynamics Centre is run by the management board.
(2) The board consists of the Dean, the Vice Deans, the Deans of Studies, and the acting chairmen or appointed representatives of all institutes of the Faculty of Human Sciences. In case of a voting tie, the vote of the chairman decides.
The chief executive of the HDC participates in the meetings in an advisory capacity.
(3) The management board is responsible for all decsions of the HDC. It especially
a) supports and advises the university's directors on questions of human scientific research,
b) decides on the finance plan and monitors the management of the funds,
c) is responsible for all tasks according to §3.
(4) The management board draws up the finance plan; the fiscal year corresponds to the calender year.
(5) The branch of the HDC with its chief executive is subject to the management board.
(6) The management board meets at least once per semester. The meetings are convened and chaired by the chairman of the management board and the chief executive. The agenda has to be placed at the disposal of the board members at least one week in adavance.
(7) The management board is quorate when all members have been properly invited and the majority of the board members are present and eligible to vote. It decides with he majority of votes casted. In case of a voting tie, the vote of the chairman decides, if he or she is eligible to vote; otherwise the tie is regarded as refusal. Decisions of the management board are written down in a meeting protocol that has to be signed by at least two board members.
Chairman of the Management Board
(1) The chairman of the mangement board is, ex officio, Dean of the Faculty of Huamn Sciences.
(2) In accordance with the further board members, the chairman determines the permanent representative.
(3) The chairman acts on behalf of the HDC and represents the concerns of the HDC inside and outside the University of Wuerzburg, without prejudice to further legal provisions. She/ he takes decisions about individual cases of administration and operational arrangements inside the HDC as well as about the distribution and the employment of staff, rooms, and non-monetary resources.
(4) Without prejudice to her/ his responsibilty, the chairman can entrust individual members of the HDC with the exercise of duties.
(1) The management board appoints a chief executive, who runs the office of the HDC. She/ He handles the administrative business and manages tasks in accordance with the management board. In consultation with the chairman of the management board she/ he can represent the HDC in the normal course of business inside and outside of the University of Wuerzburg. Her/ His tasks will cover, in particular:
a) the execution of the management board's decisions,
b) the support and coordination of the work in every task of the HDC (§3),
c) the support of research projects and of qualified young researchers,
d) the flexible management of the resources of the HDC in accordance with the budget and the Bavarian Budget Regulation,
e) the public relations work of the HDC,
f) the cross-linking of the HDC with other trans- and interdisciplinary oriented and working research institutions,
g) the cooperation with other universities, educational institutions, ministries, associations, and political and econimic partners.
(2) The organization of the office and the structural development of the HDC rest, notwithstanding the collective responsibility of the management board, on the chief executive.
Course of business
Provided this statute does not regulate otherwise, the regulations found in the constitution of the University of Wuerzburg apply for the course of business in the HDC forum and the management board.
Entry into force
The statute enters into force on the day after the its publication.